Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Moving boxes

The moving boxes have arrived today! I couldn't help singing the 'little boxes' song as I dragged them into the house.

I spent a little while looking on Craigslist for free boxes over the last 2 weekends, but did not hear back from any of the listings and I'm not ready to go driving around the city hoping to grab the few that I could fit into my mini.

For the move out, I ordered most of the boxes online from Box Bundles, Inc which is now listed under MoveOut.com. I spent several hours price shopping, comparing prices and reviews for Uhaul, ULINE and UBOXES, as well as one place that sold used boxes. I settled on MoveOut.com boxes again as the best value and ordered a kit with 40 medium and 20 large boxes on Saturday. They arrived on Tuesday at my front door. Now all we have to do is pack.

If we pack 2 boxes every evening, we will be done in time to move. I hope.

After opening and counting the boxes, I went back to the website where I bought the box kit, and that kit is gone, to be replaced by a kit that has small, medium and large boxes. This is really what I wanted, but I guess they ran short of small boxes and rather than saying the small boxes were back ordered, just removed them from the site. I used a lot of small boxes last time - especially for books.

No comments:

Post a Comment